header

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

WRITING THE SEQUEL

There are certain things every author must do when writing a sequel, one of which is the most important: make it as good, if not better than the first.

I am currently brainstorming and building the foundation for the next KATE TRIUMPH novel (otherwise known as KATE THE SECOND) and I have a whole lot of ideas and character arcs brewing in my head. I think about Jonah. Alot. And I think about Kate and Zack and how Kate and Zack will grow and develop in book 2. And I think about Andrew. And how his family is growing as well.

And I think about Olivia. Kate's mother is always in my thoughts.

It has been a very rainy summer so far in New England and as much as I've missed summer and sunshine, rain is helpful when you're writing about Mercer Island. But sun is much preferred when your characters leave the rainy West Coast and head to someplace warmer, and far more dangerous. =)

Just in case you were wondering what this blog post is about:

KATE TRIUMPH BOOK TWO is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment