header

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Something new

I've started brainstorming a new book. It's time. I know it's time. My husband tells me it's time and my agent as well. And so does every single person out there who lives in this part of the submission process known as HELL. It's the only way to stay sane. And you know I'm all about staying sane.
So. New book. Yep. That's the plan.
Except...my head isn't exactly cooperating right now. You see I've written two books. And each book is the first of a series of three. So when I finished the first book it took me a while to move on to another world of characters and plot otherwise known as "the other book entity." And that book entity still keeps me up at night. Those ostentatious kids want me to continue their story. And who can blame them? We all know YA books come in three now, right?
Except they're loud, these kids. They wont let me sleep and I really like sleeping.
Oh, the audacity.
I just love that word, audacity.
BUT.
And I do mean but. If the first book in a series doesn't get sold...and I know you know this one...the second book doesn't either.
So.
Brainstorming. Yep. That's what I'm doing. Listening to music. Staring off into nothingness. And brainstorming.
I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment