header

Monday, January 31, 2011

Where My Book May Take Me

It's been a week now. A week of war on book one. And I have to say, most days I'm not winning.
But yesterday things felt better. I finished writing around dinnertime and felt a glimmer of happiness. It didn't last long, but it was something.
Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE that I'm attacking this book. It needs it. But it's dragging me down into this world I like to call character empathy.
What is character empathy?
When you become your character or feel what your character is feeling or dress like your character or cry like your character.
You get the point.
I'm telling you this in case you see me walking around dressed in black and looking a bit low. Just ignore it. It will go away.
Eventually this books gets happy again.
Until then...
I'll be the one sitting in the corner glaring at the world while I eat chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Just send some chocolate my way and I won't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great if you're feeling like your characters because it shows that you are really in the story. I'm still struggling to find my way back into TOL's world, so I'll join you in the corner glaring at the world. (But no chocolate for me...I'm on a diet...) ;)

    ReplyDelete