header

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF A DEBUT AUTHOR

On Thursday, October 16th (two days from now!!!) my YA Paranormal debut, KATE TRIUMPH will be out in the world. Two days. Two days is not a very long time. However, the story of how this book came to be a debut is rather long.

I'll give you the short version.

About eight years ago I got the idea that I wanted to write a novel. I've always thought about writing, I'd written countless short stories and such, but never had I attempted to write an entire book. While I was writing it I thought about publishing it. Of course I did. I thought about getting an agent and an editor, and having people buy it and read it. I hoped that it would sell. I remember my husband would try to keep me grounded by telling me how statistically difficult it was to get a book published and I would smile and say, "Yes, but I believe."

And I did. A lot. 

Then one day (not very long after I'd finished writing my second book) it sold. And I thought, this is it. I'm an author.

The road of my debut book had many twists and turns. But eight years later I have a physical copy of my book. And it is real. And I still have hope.

It isn't all that easy writing a book. And it's even less easy selling it. But I'm proud of what I've accomplished, and this Thursday I hope you will all help me welcome KATE into the world. And read it too. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment