header

Monday, May 16, 2011

Time to Edit

I spent my weekend stealing glances at my edit notes.
When they arrived on Thursday I printed them, read them all the way through and then promptly tucked them away where I could only see them from a distance.
I have to admit, they scared the hell out of me. But don't tell. Seriously, don't.

Now that I've had the weekend to, you know, ignore them, I'm feeling much better.

I'm so excited to get back into the world of Mystique. For the last few months I've been thinking about my other book, the book that is currently out in submission-land.
And time off is a very good thing.

My plan is to put together some brainstorming music, live inside my head for a few days and reread Mystique. I love when I can approach a manuscript with fresh eyes!
And then the writing begins. It will start off slow, and then take off once I feel like I know where I'm going and hopefully I will avoid that awkward, frightening period where I lose myself completely.
Believe me, you'll know if it happens. One day you'll see I've added a new post and when you click on my blog the entire screen will be filled with random words like, chompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchomp
chompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchompchomp
or,
icecreamisfunicecreamisfunicecreamisfunicecreamisfunicecreamisfunicecreamisfun
icecreamisfunicecreamisfunicecreamisfunicecreamisfunicecreamisfunicecreamisfun

and you'll think, huh, Shari must have lost it. I hope she's okay.

But don't worry. I'll be back with a shiny and newly revised manuscript that is much better than I thought it could be. (Hopefully.)
And I will be stronger and smarter and probably five pounds heavier because I can't write unless I'm eating chocolate. Or cookies.
Oh. And by the way. Starting today I am pretending it's fall. And that Christmas is coming. And that I live in Maine.
(You'll get it later, I promise.)

1 comment: