header

Monday, December 20, 2010

WOOHOO!

Just thought I'd stop in and share some fabulous news! My critique partner and fellow Apocalypsie, Susanne Winnacker, just sold her book! Again!

Here's the PM announcement:

Susanne Winnacker's THE OTHER LIFE, in which a girl leaves a sealed bunker after years in hiding, only to find Los Angeles devastated and haunted by humans infected with a mutated rabies virus; struggling to save her family, she falls for a boy-hunter who is both their saviour and greatest danger when his desire for vengeance threatens them all, to Robin Benjamin at Marshall Cavendish, for publication in Fall 2012, by Sarah Davies at the Greenhouse Literary Agency (NA).

This book is sooo intense. No really. While I was reading it I had to get up and walk around the room, just to calm down! That's a true sign of a great book, people!

YAY SUSANNE!! Can't wait for book 2! So... get back to work! No celebrating for you!

2012 is going to be a great year for books! I just know it!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, how did I miss this? Yay! An Apocalypsie in two countries! Congratulations to Susanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check it out...that sounds cool! I am reading Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, I am on book 2, I really like it, but I got old slapped ... twice. The first was when the MC's mentor was listening to Prince's 'When Doves Cry' and she asked if maybe they could listen to something not recorded before she was born. In the second book she complained of having to listen to a song about how video killed the radio star. Ugh! Ok it's YA, and the MC is a 17 year old girl,but I hate those not so subtle reminders that I'm getting old, and I have to pass the torch on to the next generation (maybe generations!). But so far, so good. And say hi to kid 1 and 2 from us! Merry Christmas, and I hope Santa brings you some good books!

    ReplyDelete